What we do
For more than 8 years, ROBWC Inc (formerly Reaching Out Because We Can) as a Charity has supported and continues to serve the homeless, less fortunate, domestic violence survivors, people with various disabilities (physical, emotional, & mental), victims of crime, financially disadvantaged, victims of disasters, Asylum seekers, refugees, and people at risk of homelessness, all of these communities in Melbourne, its outer suburbs and Greater Dandenong.
- By sourcing donations to be able to make up and handout freshly-cooked meals, ' You Are Special’ non-perishable food bags, essential toiletries packs, blankets, clothing (including shoes, socks, & underwear) to areas of need.
- By sourcing donations to run community lunches & dinners in partnership with local community neighborhood houses.
- We also take the time to just Listen, Hug, Pray & Talk with the people we are helping weekly, while offering human contact without judgment. We take time to chat with those we help and refer them to other agencies & individuals who can further assist them.
- By sourcing donations to fill houses with furniture, white goods, linen, household items, toiletries, & clothing… everything required to make it a home for all our communities in need.
- By adapting to the environment and helping where we are needed and able to.
- By expanding our outreach programs to include a more diverse group of people in different situations including - Gov housing tenants and disadvantaged by distribute fresh food parcels and other items on a daily basis.